Sun factor filters are normally divided into two categories, mineral filters and synthetic filters. Each are often compared against each other.
Mineral filters are made from inorganic natural ingredients titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. Synthetic filters are made from synthetic chemicals. Both filter variations stay on the surface of the skin and absorb about 85% of the UV energy and the remaining 15% is scattered.
We use synthetic filters in our products because they are more user friendly, lighter and don’t leave a white cast on your skin. We have been careful in our selection of filters and use modern combinations for a broad UV protection.
All our products contain active ingredients from natural sources, these are outlined below. We focus on keeping your skin hydrated and nourished, protecting the skin barrier and of course with broad spectrum SPF. We call it 'protective beauty'.
We don't use any of these ingredients in our products: Silicones, Acrylates, Parabens, Plastics (microplastics), Mineral oils, Sulphates, Synthetic Colourants, Benzophenone, Homosalate, Octinoxate and Oxybenzone.